Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Ideas Are Out There

I can't begin to fake vomit enough to show my displeasure at early campaign coverage to persuade my intended audience that I'm for reals.

Now that support for Mike Pence (Gov. - R, IN) has been indelibly inked onto the visages of every Republican contender, one has to wonder what separates, logically, a unanimity air freshener in a clown car from the mostly unifying candidacy of a solitary honorable partisan. Hashtag question mark? 

Hillary Clinton presents one issue to her party: is she healthy?

Were she to prove not to be, would the subsequent scramble (great band name) prove unhealthy for her party and hand the election to the Republicans?


MEMO TO DEMOCRATS:

You don't need to ask one of your own to explain to the family why personal bankruptcy was a small price to pay for principle, but you damn well better have those conversations which reveal how deep is thine bench. Big city mayors here, improbable in traditionally red state representatives there, a VP here, VP there ... okay I'll stop.

But I cannot let this bully pulpit, this hardly earned blogspot, go unpunished without doing that forked fingers at my eyes gesture followed by a similar forking at the YouTub* camera, signifying that yes I mean you, warrenistas desde el noreste, breathing in (always important) and trying to measure some words.

Friends, impossible as that may seem - I mean seriously given the current climate - I have only one question for you. Aren't the ideas out there? Compared to the Ryan budgeteering and the cascade of a thousand tells which is the Republican agenda, isn't the more prudent path for Democrats to assure an open conversation which allows Ms. Clinton a 'listening tour' of her own party?

I think the ideas are out there. Someone needs to lose Iowa to give them voice? That sounds like a grand mistake.