Friday, October 13, 2017

Why I Am Not on Facebook/Twitter

For the same reason states which don't have the death penalty have never wrongfully executed anybody.

I have never been targeted by a malevolent troll-bot. Family and friends know how to reach me without pushing Christmas letter style content out there and assuming it has been read by anyone who 'cares.'

I have enjoyed dinner table company and never felt the need to know if my latest whatever has gone viral or acquired 'likes.'

I enjoy writing things other than "and another thing."

Because anyone who would have me first sign into Facebook to read their menu, schedule a servicing or what have you is unaware that the platform they think is helping them is actually hurting them. A read-only Facebook page, conventional web page, phone number and email address are as 'interactive' as I care to get. 

I choose not to compete with ignoramuses who belittle election day (to the point of skipping voting in some cases) and focus on political blathering for sport. When commonweal gets another fair shake, arguing with automatons might just no longer 'trend.'

I can do with a little less up-to-the-minute knowledge of what our president with an asterisk thinks I need to hear. He 'tweets' the way he 'grabs.'

I hear your jealousin' savvy reader.